One of the most common calls we receive is from customers asking us how to deal with their squirrel problems. Squirrels are a nuisance and are common throughout the US. Whether they are overrunning your yard and making a mess or nesting in your attic, DixieLand Critter Gitter LLC can help.
We offer a full range of squirrel trapping and removal services in Birmingham, and we can eradicate this infestation safely and humanely. DixieLand Critter Gitter LLC is a family-owned and operated wildlife removal company located in Adger, AL, and we serve all residential and commercial customers in the Birmingham area.
Owned by a father-daughter team, we have over three decades of experience, and we are licensed, bonded, and insured in Alabama. In addition to our squirrel removal we also provide expert small wildlife removal as well as bats!
To speak with a professional squirrel removal expert in Birmingham, contact us today. We have same-day emergency appointments available, and we offer financing options.
How to Get Rid of Squirrels in Birmingham, AL
At DixieLand Critter Gitter LLC, we specialize in the safe, humane trapping and removal of squirrels. We do not use poisons to exterminate squirrels. In fact, in Alabama, it is illegal to use poison or toxicants to kill and eradicate squirrels. Instead, our Birmingham squirrel removal professionals focus on humane solutions.
Our squirrel removal services include:
- Trapping, removing, and releasing squirrels away from your property
- Inspecting your property to determine how and why squirrels are getting in
- Squirrel-proofing your home or commercial property
- Repairing and cleaning damage from a squirrel infestation
- Deodorizing and sanitation
- Removal of contaminated insulation and installation of new insulation
What Are the Most Common Types of Squirrels in Alabama?
Three types of squirrels are common in Alabama are:
- Gray squirrels
- Fox squirrels
- And southern flying squirrels
The most common type of squirrel is the gray squirrel, and this is the species that is most likely to cause you problems at your home or commercial property. Gray squirrels are gray with a white belly and can weigh up to 1.5 pounds.
Fox squirrels are the largest and have rust or orange-colored coat, similar to a fox. The southern flying squirrel is small, nocturnal, and prefers living in heavily wooded areas.
What Problems Can Squirrels Cause?
Squirrels are responsible for many problems, including:
- Nesting in attics and crawl spaces
- Damaging and contaminating insulation
- Spreading disease, including airborne diseases
- Making a mess all over your property
- Gnawing on personal property, electrical systems, and more
Squirrels tend to nest up in trees, but problems arise when they decide to create their nests in your attic or crawlspace. If you hear scurrying at night, see signs of squirrels nesting in your property, or have an overabundance of squirrels on your property, we can help.
Signs You Have Squirrel Problems
Squirrels are pretty harmless, right? Well, yes and no. Squirrels aren't aggressive but, they can be quite a nuisance to you and your home. But, how do you know if these pesky pests are causing damage to your home?
Below we have 3 signs to look for in order to tell if you have squirrel problems or not:
- Droppings: A pretty clear sign is if you notice small droppings inside of your garage or even in your attic. It can be tough to figure out if they are squirrel droppings or maybe rat droppings, regardless, if you notice this contact us right away for the help you need.
- Foul Smells: If you have a squirrel infestation, it's most likely that some of those squirrels aren't getting back out of your home. If you start to notice a foul smell, it could be a dead squirrel in your walls or underneath your house.
- Damage Around Your Home: Another sign of squirrel problems is if you notice that their are teeth marks on the outside walls of your home or even along the roofline. It's much easier to notice squirrel damage around the exterior of your home. Call us today if you notice those pesky teeth marks.
Humane Squirrel Removal Solutions Backed by 30+ Years of Experience
We work hard to provide our customers with top-quality, personalized wildlife removal services. Our squirrel trapping and removal specialists in Birmingham will inspect your property, discuss your needs and goals, and design a customized squirrel removal plan. We do not have long-term contracts or commitments, and we have financing options through Invoice-2-Go. Take a look at our 5-star reviews!
“DixieLand Critter Glitter is the best” - Sharon B.
“Would recommend to anyone with raccoon issues!” - Scott W.
“Mr. David and his daughter are very thorough and honest!” - George O.
“They were very knowledgeable and helpful in explaining to me how they would get them out and stop them from getting back in.” - Bobbie
“I called several companies for quotes and DixieLand was extremely reasonable. They removed a raccoon and it's babies from a wall in a townhouse. All the animals were treated humanely and the babies were given to someone to raise them (who knew?!).” - Leigh P.
“I highly recommend David and his staff. We were working on a house that was infested with bats and numerous other companies failed before we got with DixieLand. They were prompt and professional, not to mention the price was very fair.” - Lee W.
“Our family used DixieLand for bat trapping and repairs, and the service was fast and very friendly. They arrived on time for appointments and did the job efficiently! Will most definitely use them again if we need any more help later on down the line!!” - Savannah D.
“David is very professional and very good at what he does. Punctual and got the job done. Very happy with his work and really enjoyed meeting him!” - Ryan B.